He is a good active listener and quick to pick up points of concern for more detailed discussion. He is able to stop me when I digress. This helps me to focus, focus, focus. He is punctual, non-judgemental and smiles a lot. Best of all, he has an “approachable” face. This is important as I need to feel comfortable talking to him. First impression counts. The greatest benefit I get is my ability to carry out my duties effectively and efficiently as a Director of the company.
- Won over my manager’s co-operation and buy-in.
- I will look at issues now from a broader angle.
- By practising more active listening, I have improved my listening skills.
- Using different leadership styles to suit different situations.
- By knowing my audience’s psychological type, I am able to communicate better.
- Delegation of work.
- Learn to use open and non-critical questions to elicit views and opinions from staff rather than making assumptions.
- Learn to gain buy-in of my ideas from the audience by having a good understanding of the audiences’ background.
A first-class coach, who inspired and guided me in my new role with non-judgemental opinions and invaluable advice.
Global logistics company